Sunday, 15 November 2015

Planning your Wedding Day? Please Don't Stress :)



So, you have said yes to your soul mate, the person of your dreams. 
You're finally floating down from cloud 9, to maybe an 8 ;) 
The planning begins ......... it is super exciting and scary all at once. 

I will be married 4 years on the 25th November this year and would do it all again in a heart beat, to the same man of course ;). Neal and I loved planning our wedding together. We had so much fun as a couple picking everything from our venue to the table names. 
I think that would be my advice to you for planning your big day! Remember you're not marrying yourself. This may sound silly, but it is amazing how caught up you could get in the tiny mundane details that really don't matter. 
You're marrying your other/better half ;) because they make your heart warm, your head fuzzy and your knees go weak, teehee, (well, I did) The most important part of your wedding day should be that you're marrying the man or woman of your dreams. 

Your wedding day is the start of your beautiful life together, either as husband and wife, wife and wife or husband and husband. 
Once you let love into your heart, don't let it go. 
Don't forget it was love that got you to the walk up the aisle to begin with. 

Yes, we all want a beautiful wedding day, I think my wedding to Neal was beautiful. We said our vows in the Ulster Museum. It was perfect for us. I had my perfect dress, Neal had his perfect suit that he chose himself. He wore custom made Nike HighTops in the colours of our wedding, I wore navy blue suede shoes and he had a killer Trilby. 

I think as a couple you should definitely sit down together and decide what is important to you both and what to spend your money on. Deciding on the photographer to capture your perfect day to your florist, there are so many amazing talented people out there. You will find someone within your budget. I will say one thing though, my biggest regret from our wedding day is that we didn't get a videographer and now that I have my wee daughter Florence, I wish I had a wedding video to show her and for me too. She loves looking through Neal and I's wedding album and pointing people out and laughing at me for some reason, hehe :) While some couples will be creative and style and dress their own rooms and tables, some may prefer to pay someone to take this on, no way is right or wrong. Just do what makes you both happy. If you can't decide on something, stop, think about it and try to compromise. 

Make your wedding day about the two of you. Don't be afraid to be you. 
Put your own wee stamp of personality to your wedding. 

Don't look back with regrets. 
Always look back with the fondest memories and biggest smiles. 

Happy planning! 

LoveHair-LoveLife xo

No comments:

Post a Comment