Thursday, 28 November 2013

Sparkle this Christmas??

Christmas Do coming up? Not sure what to do with your hair or wondering what to wear? Well, I have a little idea I'd like to share. I love a bit of sparkle and don't know many girls out there who don't. I recently had a little girl and called her Florence and hope she grows up to love a little bit of sparkle too ;) 
I found this dress on the TopShop website and thought it was just fabulous.



Follow the link below to take you to the dress on the TopShop website. 

This dress is also available in black for those who just love a LBD

The model here is wearing a strappy stiletto but personally I would wear a studded ankle boot just to give it a more funky edge. I would team it with my ASOS leather biker jacket


 and a cool clutch. 


If your not brave enough(as I know alot of people are afraid of colour) or don't like the mustard clutch, you could opt for a plain black one, something like this tasseled one would add a cool twist to this outfit also. Well, I think so anyways :) 


Now for the hair! To me, an outfit like this should have relaxed hair. Nothing too fussy or overdone. Think sexy bed head hair or high ponytail. If opting for the ponytail look please leave it relaxed. If your not good with your hair, get your hairdresser to sort you out. I would curl the hair first with a large barreled tong, brush it out with a denman and then scrunch some mousse into it and defuse it, just to give it a more natural feel. Once your hair has been styled and you wish to try the ponytail option, turn your head upside down and with either a bungee bobble or a regular hair bobble (always matching the colour of your hair bobble to the colour of your hair) loosely gather it to the crown of your head and put into a ponytail. Here are the images of the hair I suggested. Both styles created by me. The ponytail here was created for a gym shoot but I really think it would work well with this overall look.

Andrew Rankin shot this image
Grace Pearson shot this image 


Hope this hasn't been too boring for you all, hee hee. I just really miss writing up my blog and thought I'd take the opportunity while my hubby is looking after our daughter. 
I am going back to work on Thursday 5th December so if anyone wants their hair styled for that special night out, give me a shout. ;-) 

Thank you for reading my blog - xo




1 comment:

  1. I love the first dress!I saw a similar one from Motel with long sleeves and I thought it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete