Thursday, 17 January 2013

To Be ... Or Not to Be ... Best Dressed

This January welcomed with open arms the 70th Golden Globes Awards and I was NOT disappointed with the glamour. Well, when I say disappointed, I was taken back with a few choices but I'm only going to show my favourites as from this statement that follows you will be able to pick out from the images on http://www.style.com who I did not like, hee hee. Too many stars did an Angelia Jolie with leg split dresses and I personally didn't like them, but then again, wouldn't the world be a very boring place if we were all the same?.....Yes ;)

Jessica Alba definitely stood out for me, her Oscar de la Renta gown was exquisite, her orange lipstick and 1940's inspired hair was just beautiful. Her stylist deserves a big fat juicy 10/10.


Zooey Dechannel also wore Oscar de la Renta and her hair was simple and elegant, the curled high ponytail is definitely going to be a big thing for 2013, well I think it should be anyways ;)


I was delighted to see two of Hollywood's most glamorous leading ladies rock their outfits and still keep themselves looking demure without the mutton dressed as lamb approach
 .... Helen Mirren and Glenn Close I salute you both :)


 Glenn wore Zac Posen

Helen wore Badgley Mischka 

Strapless dresses really did rock the red carpet this year , here are another two that really stood out for me. Both Jennifer's opted for soft up-do's and kept it simple and totally glamorous and gorgeous! LOVE them!

Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture and a Salvatore Ferragamo Clutch

Jennifer  Garner wearing Vivienne Westwood Couture

Sienna Miller opted for a rather quirky 60's inspired outfit by Erdem. I love it but know it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea.Her simple sleek back hair and natural makeup make it work.

...... And let's not forget the boys, they also rocked it this year and it was lovely to see some opting for the dickie bow ..... Here are some of my fav men :)




There were lots of cute couples rocking the red carpet at this years Golden Globes, here are my two favs. 

Liev Schreiber wore Calvin Klein Collection and Naomi Watts wore Zac Posen

Ryan Seacrest wore Burberry Prorsum and Julianne Hough wore Monique Lhuillier while rocking a faux hawk, her hair was fabulous!

Head to http://www.style.com to view the whole gallery of fabulous gowns, hair and make-up and read the scoop on everything Golden Globes. 

Have fun trying out the hairstyles the next time your heading out - xo






No comments:

Post a Comment