Sunday, 18 March 2012

Belfast Fashion Week

PR queen Cathy Martin created Belfast Fashion Week and each year it goes from strength to strength. It is great to see Northern Irelands local designers getting invloved and creating some amazing pieces for the shows. My personal favourite is Grainne Maher, she is just amazing and her headpieces and necklaces just blow me away.

I didnt work on the hair for the designer evening but I was lucky enough to assist session hairstylist Joe Mcgivern on the final evening in the Europa Hotel. I stayed backstage to help Joe with making sure the models hair was kept perfect and to his high standard before the models took to the catwalk. With all the changes the models had to do the hair did get battered quite abit haha.

Here are some images of Grainnes work from the designer night -



go to http://www.facebook.com/belfastfw for all the gossip and news from Belfast Fashion Week


No comments:

Post a Comment