Monday, 16 January 2012

Proud moments of 2011



Last year, 2011 was an amazing year for me as a hairstylist. Not only do I work for one of Belfast City Centers best salons Blue (www.bluehairdressing.com) but David my boss got his friend and amazing session stylist Joe Mcgivern (www.joemcgivern.com) to work out of Blue when he wasn't on location or working in Dublin.
David and Joe went to NYC in September for fashion week as part of Team Gorman (www.leongorman.com) and totally rocked it!
Then at the end of September through Joe and Blue I was lucky enough to be asked to assist Joe on the Rihanna music video that was being shot in Belfast. We did all the hair for the extras and for Dudley the lead male in the video. We were looked after so well and it was such a highlight of my career to say that I could to work along side so many talented people. When the video came out I was just so proud, I had never been apart of something so big before and will always remember it.
After the Rihanna video we got to be apart of the MTV EMA's. We got to assist Joe again for the hair for the after show party in the Europa, Belfast. We did the hair for the hostess's and got free VIP tickets to the after show party. Again such an amazing experience and I have Blue Hairdressing and Joe Mcgivern to thank for both.
Looking forward to what 2012 will bring. I am up for the challenge whatever it may be.
Bye for now. xo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg00YEETFzg

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god, that is fantastic! Amazing opportunities all round. Gotta say you did a great job :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much :) I am very lucky :)

    ReplyDelete