Wednesday, 28 December 2011

Northern Ireland's Wedding Journal Winter 2011




















In August I had the pleasure of yet again working on a wedding shoot for the Northern Ireland's Wedding Journal. It was for their Winter Edition and it was to be shot in the Four Seasons Suite in Galgorm Manor in Ballymena. When I was given the brief from the WJ's editor and stylist's Sarah-Jayne Cassells & Tara Craig that it would be a seventies bridal style shoot I was just beside myself with excitement. I was even more excited to be working with the photographer Paula O'hara and make-up artist Jennifer Ireland again. They are both such inspirational artists and people. We were lucky enough to have been given the choice of model from Style Academy and Kristen Gillespie just radiated 70's glamour. Her look was just perfect! Paula set about making up mood boards and emailing me all her ideas for the shoot. I got to work with some amazing headpieces ranging from B Ford by Ursula Bamford to Grainne Maher Millinery. Just love their individual styles. I also brought along my Granny Sloan's hat from the 70's. She actually wore it to my parents wedding day in 1972. So it was proper vintage. I just had so much fun creating the hairstlyes for this shoot. 70's vogue glamour was my inspiration and Jerry Hall my hair icon for it.  I really did have the best day working on this shoot. It is always a pleasure working with such talented inspiring girls xxx

1 comment: